Thursday, September 13, 2012

Heart Test Results & Lab Work from NT Scan

September 13, 2012

Earlier this week I got an email from our OB's office that said our lab results had been posted to the patient portal online. I logged on and read all the results. Everything turned out great. Our chances of having a child with trisomy 18 is less than 1 in 10,000. Our odds of having a child with Down's Syndrome was less than 1 in 5000 something. Great results!

Today I returned to the cardiologist for my echocardiogram & heart monitor results. He told me that my heart monitor didn't catch anything that has him very worried. My heart rate did get on the high end of normal, but nothing he is concerned with. However, my echocardiogram revealed that I have two heart valves that are leaking. The pregnancy will likely make this issue worse, but he is going to continue monitoring me as it progresses. There is nothing we can do about it right now while I'm pregnant, so I'm going back in January to see what it looks like about 2 months before delivery. We will see what we need to do about the issue after the birth. He also said my lab results show that I'm slightly anemic, but I can take iron supplements to help with that.

That's about all we know for now. I do have something exciting to look forward to...we get to find out the gender of the baby in 2 weeks (September 28). I cannot wait to see what this little one is going to be so I can start all the decorating for the nursery! I'm praising God that the baby is still doing so great. I can go through anything so long as I have a healthy child!


No comments:

Post a Comment