Sunday, September 30, 2012

IT'S A GIRL!

September 30, 2012

I have not updated my blog in quite some time, but I do have a lot of great things to share from the past few weeks.

Almost two weeks ago, I had an unscheduled doctor's appointment due to a few complications I was having, and my doctor ordered an ultrasound to check on the baby. Everything was going great, and while performing the ultrasound, the technician informed us that we are "most likely" going to have a little girl! Justin was sure shocked at the news, as he has been calling the baby a boy from the very beginning. He wasn't going to believe the news until we got another ultrasound for confirmation. I was super excited when they told us that she was going to be a girl, but I would have been excited no matter what the sex turned out to be.

The weekend following that ultrasound, mom and I went to Wichita to do grocery shopping. While there, we couldn't help ourselves from looking around at baby items. We first went to a few fabric stores because I was wanting to find fabric to make the bedding out of. We didn't have much luck. We then made a trip to Storkland where I fell in love with some furniture and bedding for a little girl. I didn't purchase anything that day because we wanted to be certain that she was in fact a she.

On Friday of last week (September 28), I had a scheduled ultrasound at Storkvision to find out for sure about the sex of the baby. We invited my parents and Justin's mom to come with us. At the ultrasound, it was confirmed that we are definitely having a baby girl! I couldn't be more excited! The news is sinking in with Justin as well. He is now referring to her as Olivia rather than Jack. Haha! At the ultrasound, the technician was trying to show us a 3D picture of Olivia's face, but she simply would NOT cooperate. She was snuggled in behind the placenta and refused to show that sweet little face. We could see her move her arms to behind her head like she was just relaxing. I guess it was her nap time. The technician jiggled her around and had me move into all sorts of positions-all with no avail. She simply wanted to be left alone! Since Miss Priss did not cooperate, we will be returning to Storkvision on October 8 to see if we can get some better shots of her. After the ultrasound, Justin, my parents, and I went to eat at Olive Garden. Grammy and Papa Richie (my parents) already had a little gift for Miss Olivia. She received an adorable headband and hat (beanie) from her grandparents. I believe she just might be a little loved and spoiled already.

Saturday after the ultrasound, I drove back to Wichita to purchase the furniture and bedding that mom and I had picked out the weekend before. Justin has left all the nursery decorating up to me. He says that he figures he doesn't have much say anyway (and he's probably right). Plus, he has no idea what to do for a little girl. He is leaving that all up to me. All he wants to know is how much it costs---such a man! Anyway, so we got all of that ordered. I also picked out some paint at Lowe's so we can get her room painted before her furniture arrives. (This is where Justin will be useful. I have no intention of picking up a paint brush when doing the primer since the fumes are horrendous.) My mom and Kayla have both volunteered to help do the actual painting. I will probably be taking them up on that offer!

This week I have an appointment with Dr. Winfrey for a regular OB checkup. There is no ultrasound this week, but they will be using a doppler to detect her heart rate and will be doing blood work on me. Thankfully, nothing else is really happening this week. I feel like everything is going really well with the pregnancy, and each week I get a little more confident that everything is going to be OK with Olivia. I still have moments of panic every now and then, but they are getting less and less. I know I will probably never completely get rid of the worry that I have, but I thank God that He is building my faith and trust each and every day. In the next few weeks, I look forward to finally feeling movement from Olivia. It will be a daily reminder that she is doing well and thriving. I think that will give me even more reassurance than what I have now. But until then, I rely heavily on God's reassurance and promises that He is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment