Saturday, July 7, 2012

Beta Day #2

July 7, 2012

Today I had my second scheduled beta blood test. My last beta was 2 days ago, and it measured at 43. The nurse had told me that my beta must increase by at least 60% by today. (That isn't quite double because double would be an increase of 100%. Remember that it has to double every 48-72 hours. It's only been 48, so mine only has to be around a 60% increase.)

My dad volunteered to ride with me to Bedford today to have the blood work.  I couldn't have the blood work done in Wichita Falls today because LabCorp is not open on Saturdays. Justin is still working in Morton, and I'm pretty sure my mom did not want me going alone-so my dad volunteered. Isn't he great? We had lots of good conversation on the way there and back. I'm glad he went.

We arrived in Bedford about 30 minutes early, and they got me in immediately. It took all of about 5 minutes to do the blood draw and we were done. When we left, it was only about 10:45 AM. Although I hadn't eaten breakfast, I still was not hungry. We decided to start driving back toward home and that we would stop in Decatur for lunch in hopes that my appetite would be there a little later.

We stopped at Chili's in Decatur, and before we even got our food, my doctor's office was calling with the results. My heart was pounding. The nurse sounded chipper on the phone, so I immediately felt a little relief. She then said, "Your beta came back great! It rose to 124, which is more than double!" I was so excited! It was exactly what we had prayed for. Thank you God. She also told me that they would not need to see me again until my first sonogram in 2 weeks. She transferred me to a receptionist to schedule my sonogram. It will be on July 24 at 1:00 PM. So happy!

I immediately called Justin and shared the good news. Next was my mom. Finally I called Kayla to let her know that our prayer for the 120's was heard. I feel a little more at peace now. I know I'm pregnant, and I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible. This is where I've wanted to be for 2 years now. I'm not going to let worry and anxiety and Satan steal this experience away from me. My baby/babies are growing, and God is with me every step of the way. He has shown me His presence over and over and over again throughout this journey. He has given me a promise that I am going to stand firmly upon.

Once dad and I returned home, I took a nap. I was exhausted. It was the best sleep I've had in several days. Tonight Justin will be home from Morton, and I'm excited to see him. This week has turned out way better than how I expected. I'm in a place where I feel more comfortable, and I believe God is going to continue building my faith as time goes on in this pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment