Saturday, July 7, 2012

Beta Day

July 5, 2012

So today is the day of my first scheduled beta (hCG) pregnancy test. Two days ago I freaked out and got an early beta test in Seymour. It only measured 23 at 7dp5dt. I really felt like this was going to be a chemical pregnancy.

Kayla and I left Seymour early this morning to drive to Wichita Falls to LabCorp. My doctor's office is allowing me to have my beta blood work ran here so I don't have to drive all the way to Bedford. We arrived at LabCorp at 8:30 AM. Within 10 minutes, they had drawn my blood and we were leaving.

After we left LabCorp, I decided to stop by Sonic to grab a quick breakfast. Then Kayla and I went to Target to do some shopping. After Target, we drove to the mall to see if I could find a dress for Jonathon's wedding. I finally found one! After the shopping was complete, we decided we wanted to go see a movie. We chose to see Madea's Witness Protection because I really needed a good laugh after all this stress.

During the previews, my phone started ringing. It was my doctor's office. I ran out of the theater so I could answer the phone. The nurse on the other end said, "We've got your beta results back, and you're pregnant!" I sat there. Not a word. Then I finally had the courage to ask, "What was the number?" She responded, "Your beta measured 43. We will want to do a repeat beta in 2 days, and we will want your beta to rise at least 60%. Continue taking your progesterone and estrogen, and we will see you then! Congratulations!" I. Was. Stunned! My beta rose! It wasn't falling! It had almost doubled in 48 hours! (For those of you who are not familiar with betas, your beta during early pregnancy should double every 48-72 hours. If it doesn't double in this time frame, it usually indicates a problem with the pregnancy.)

For my beta to rise is definitely a God thing. I have been detecting this pregnancy for almost a week on a home pregnancy test that is supposed to BEGIN measuring at 25 units of hCG. That means your hCG has to be AT LEAST 25 units to register. 2 days ago mine was only 23. How did it rise? Prayers and God. That is the only logical explanation.

I walked back into the theater and told Kayla the astounding news. We were both ecstatic. I texted my mom the news and told her I would call her after the movie. After the movie was over, I called Justin to share the news with him. He thought I was a lunatic for stressing so much a few days before this. Maybe I am, but this is stressful!!!

Now comes another wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment