Tuesday, July 24, 2012

First Sonogram

July 24, 2012

Last night I surprisingly got quite a bit of sleep. I prayed before I went to bed for peace and rest. God is good. This morning I got up early and began getting ready for our first sonogram. We left the house around 9 this morning and arrived in Bedford just a few minutes before noon.

Once we got to Bedford, we stopped at Abuelo's to eat lunch. Mexican food has always been my favorite, but today I was unable to eat much of my meal. I began to feel very sick while eating, and I didn't know whether to contribute it to the pregnancy or my nerves.

Even though I have prayed for this day for a long time now, I still had a lot of nerves going on before the appointment. I don't feel like I was distrusting God, I think it was just a natural mixture of emotions that I felt-excitement, nervousness, and maybe just a teeny bit of fear.

After lunch we got back into the horrible traffic and hurried over to our appointment. After I checked in, the wait seemed like it was forever. They finally called us back to one of the sonogram rooms and the doctor came in shortly after that. I prayed while we were waiting and I felt pretty good when she entered the room.

Dr. Kathleen talked with us for a few seconds and then proceeded to perform the sonogram. We were immediately able to see the yolk sac and the teeny tiny baby inside of it. She informed us that this was the "pregnancy". While she was looking around, Justin asked, "Is that the heartbeat?" She replied that he was very good because it was indeed the heartbeat. We could see a tiny little flicker on the screen. It was the most precious little flicker I've seen in my whole life! I immediately thanked God for this little miracle. The doctor zoomed in where we could see the flicker more closely and turned on the sound so we could hear the heartbeat as well. I would have to rank this as one of the happiest moments of my life. Justin was also super excited to learn that we only had ONE little baby growing in there!

After the sonogram was over, they printed out a few pictures of our little one. Dr. Kathleen also told us to come back in about 2 weeks for one more sonogram before they release me to my OB/GYN. They are also going to measure my progesterone that day to see if I'm ready to stop the progesterone suppositories-yay!

I can't wait for the next appointment to see our little one again. I am officially excited about my pregnancy! Here is one of the photos from our baby's first photo shoot:


No comments:

Post a Comment