Saturday, July 7, 2012

Retail Therapy

July 4, 2012

Today my mother and I decided to take a shopping trip to Frisco to find dresses for my brother's upcoming wedding. I figured it would be a good idea to go so I could get my mind off the news from yesterday.

When we arrived at the mall, we immediately began hunting for dresses for the both of us. We went from one store to another to another. We weren't having very good luck. I found one dress that I loved, but it wasn't in my size. I found a few more dresses along the way, but they were way out of my price range and I'm just not spending that much money on a dress that I can only wear once (most of them were one-shoulder dresses that aren't appropriate for work).

After several hours of unsuccessful shopping, we decided to take a lunch break. We ate at The Cheesecake Factory. The food was delicious, but I just couldn't eat much. I decided it was my nerves. I have had almost no appetite lately.

We resumed our shopping after taking the lunch break. We revisited some stores that we had briefly walked through earlier in the morning. Mom finally found a really cute dress for her. I still had no luck. Maybe it was my mood? I was exhausted and ready to go home by the end of the day.

Tomorrow I have a big day ahead of me. It's the day that I had been looking forward to during this entire process-the day of my first pregnancy test. Now it's a day that I'm dreading. I don't want bad news. I don't want to have to start all over.


No comments:

Post a Comment