Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day Before Transfer

June 25, 2012

This morning I woke up feeling quite a bit better than I have the previous few days. Since I felt so well, I decided to go to the school (where I work) and take care of a few things that needed to be done. I'm not currently having to work since school is out for the summer, but I have taken a new teaching position this year, so I need to do a lot of preparing for the upcoming year. I will be teaching Chemistry, IPC, and another high school science class that is basically formed for students who did not pass their TAKS Science Test last year. My new job in combination with my infertility stress gives me plenty to worry about.

After I left the school, I drove to Wichita Falls to have lunch with Megan Couch to celebrate her recent engagement. I am so happy for her! Kennedy (her daughter) chose for us to eat at Samarai of Tokyo. It was great getting to catch up with her. While we were eating, she received more good news-a new job that would require her to work less hours for the same pay. We now had two reasons to celebrate! I'm hoping in a few weeks we will be celebrating one more piece of exciting news (my pregnancy!).

I returned home early in the afternoon and started to feel bad again. I decided to take a nap in hopes that I could sleep off my discomfort.

Justin arrived home around midnight from Morton so that we can drive to Bedford tomorrow morning for our embryo transfer. I am hoping that I will get some sleep tonight. I can't quit thinking about what lies ahead of us tomorrow. I'm so excited, yet so scared at the same time. I like to call this "managing expectations". I want to be excited for the possibility of our first child but yet I want to be prepared in case the news is less than optimal.

Even though I'm "managing my expectations", I still can't help but to feel like this is going to be it for us! I can't wait to see what is ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment