Monday, June 25, 2012

OHSS Scare

June 23, 2012

 Today I decided to drive back to Bedford for a check up since I am so bloated and miserable from the egg retrieval. I need peace of mind that I'm not developing OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome) since I'm experiencing many of the symptoms. My mom and I got up super early so we could make it to Bedford before the doctor left that morning. Justin was out of town working again so he was unable to go. Once we arrived at the clinic, they took my vitals and did a sonogram to check everything out. My vitals were fine, but the sonogram did show that I had significant swelling of my ovaries (so much that they touch one another) and I have some fluid that is built up in my abdomen. No wonder I'm miserable! Dr. Kevin Doody decided that I probably have a mild to moderate case of OHSS but that it wasn't serious enough that we will have to cancel the embryo transfer (unless I get worse). They sent me home with the same instructions I had before: eat a high protein/ high sodium diet to get rid of the excess fluid. After the appointment, mom and I decided to make some use out of the trip by going shopping for new rugs for both of our houses. We also purchased lots of V8 juice for me because it has tons of sodium in it. After our shopping was completed, we headed back to Seymour. Later this evening I was still not feeling well, but I'm hoping I will be better by morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment