Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Growing Numbers

June 16, 2012

I got up very early this morning to drive to Bedford for a 9:15 appointment. When I got there, they drew my blood for the E2 test. Then they put me in the sonogram room. I was expecting to see Dr. Doody today because I am getting closer to retrieval day. However, I was hit with some shocking news. Dr. Doody had been in an accident and cut her finger OFF. Yes, I said OFF! This means that she will obviously be unavailable for our egg retrieval and transfer because she cannot perform this surgery with her recently-sewn-on finger. Luckily this facility has other really great physicians (including Dr. Doody's husband) that can perform these procedures.

My sonogram looked great. I have tons of follicles and they are all growing. My largest one was measuring about 13 mm. I still have a little ways to go to reach the 18-20 mm mark. This afternoon they called me about my E2 results. Last time my E2 was 399, and today it was 1168! Wowzas! Remember, they really just need it to double. Mine went a little above and beyond. This is a good thing because it means my follicles are getting closer to the correct size.

They reduced my medication since I was responding so well. I now take 2 vials of Menopur, 1/2 a vial of Bravelle, and still 10 units of Lupron until my next appointment. I may be ready for the ovulation trigger on Monday or Tuesday, so I made arrangements to stay with one of my friends, Katie Gregg, since she lives closer to the clinic. I can't believe we are already so close to retrieval! I'm still in prayer that everything works out and that we will be expecting our first child very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment