Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's Finally Here!!!

May 29, 2012

I thought this day would never come! My mother and I left early this morning to go to Bedford for my first IVF appointment. Justin was working, so my mom took off work so I wouldn't have to go alone. Dr. Doody did a sonogram and measured my uterus so they would know exactly where to place the embryo on the day of transfer. It was important to get this measurement because the fertility drugs would enlarge my ovaries so much that my uterus might be difficult to see on the day of transfer. They also taught me how to inject myself with Lupron at this appointment. I start out doing 20 units a day. They set up my calendar and showed me the possible egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and pregnancy test dates. I left the appointment feeling very anxious and excited about finally starting this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment