Monday, June 25, 2012

Egg Retrieval Sucks

June 24, 2012

 This morning I got up and got ready to go to church. I still felt terrible, but I decided I wasn't going to let Satan keep me from going since he already caused me to miss the women's conference on Saturday. I can't believe my doctors did not explain to me how miserable I would feel after the egg retrieval. I was completely blindsided!

 Church was wonderful, but I had a difficult time focusing because I felt so badly. I left church immediately after it was over to go home and try to rest. Justin came home late last night, so today I asked him to go get more Gatorade and some protein bars from the grocery store for me.I was so desperate for relief that I drank over 2 quarts of Gatorade, 2 glasses of V8, ate Campbell's chicken noodle soup (because of the sodium content), and ate 2 1/2 protein bars. Still miserable! My mom called to check on me later this afternoon and I just cried and cried on the phone about how miserable I feel. I told her I didn't think I could go through this again if it doesn't work this time. I told Justin the same thing later this evening during another meltdown.

 Later this evening Justin and I went to visit his parents and to check on his dad. We try to visit them as much as possible to make sure they are doing ok. Justin's dad is going through chemotherapy and radiation right now for lung cancer. Visiting with them made me realize that my pain is probably so insignificant in comparison to what his father is experiencing. It gave me motivation to continue on and to do everything we can to give him a grandchild. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment